With the growing concerns associated with coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to reach out to our volunteers to provide some information. The City is taking precautions with guidance from local, provincial, and federal health authorities. Information and updates on these precautions can be found at www.coquitlam.ca/covid19
We know that members of our community may have concerns about the spread of the coronavirus. Municipal governments are guided by the direction of local, provincial and federal health authorities on matters related to public health.. The City of Coquitlam is closely monitoring the coronavirus situation in British Columbia.
- Effective the end of the day on Monday, March 16, the City will be closing all recreation centres, pools, and community centres to the public until further notice. A complete facility listing is included below.
- In addition to closing our PRC facilities to the public, in order to help further mitigate the risk of transmission and exposure to COVID-19, the City is also cancelling all Spring Break camps as of the end of today.
- We have also taken the added precaution of cancelling all event bookings scheduled for City facilities between now and April 30, 2020. This includes bookings at the City’s indoor and outdoor facilities.
City Facility Closures
The following City facilities are closed to the public until further notice:
- Poirier Sport & Leisure Complex
- City Centre Aquatic Complex
- Glen Pine Pavilion
- Dogwood Pavilion
- Pinetree Community Centre
- Poirier Community Centre
- Smiling Creek Activity Centre
- Summit Activity Centre
- Victoria Community Hall
- Centennial Activity Centre
- The Getaway Youth Centre
- The Landing Youth Centre
- City of Coquitlam Archives
- All Fire Halls
- City Hall Annex
- Operations Centre (Austin Works Yard)
Facilities That Will Remain Open
At this time the following facilities remain open to the public.
- City Hall
- Coquitlam RCMP Public Safety Building
- Coquitlam Animal Shelter
- Robinson Memorial Cemetery Park
- All City Parks
We have also established a Call Centre (604-927-4383) and email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to respond to public queries regarding the COVID-19 impacts on City facilities, programs, services and events.
Volunteers are an important aspect of our programs and services and we want to ensure that we are working together to minimize any risks.
*** The Dogwood Seniors Society is postponing our AGM at this time and will advise our new date once the current situation is resolved.